[实验研究与计划] Pharmaceutical Stress Testing

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
lookspace 发表于 2014-8-1 08:43:18 | 显示全部楼层 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册  

x
Stress testing is the main tool that is used to predict stability problems,7 x  _' a" |6 n- z! S& _
develop analytical methods, and identify degradation products/pathways.
1 c7 C$ Z* [+ e: i, |Since there are no detailed regulatory guidelines that direct how stress testing' A% `0 A! n3 A( n* F* D. \' e
is to be done, nor has there ever been a text/reference book on the+ s) d4 }5 m% B2 r0 z+ e
subject, stress testing has evolved into an artful science that is highly dependent8 ]7 s) Y- Y8 d
on the experience of the company or the individuals directing the studies. This3 F2 ~6 D+ C1 }3 d
book provides readers with a single source reference that benchmarks the6 l; E+ P8 q/ _, {1 t, w
current best practices of experienced pharmaceutical scientists/researchers.9 _& D' l7 \: w# d; g
Questions like ‘‘How hot, how long, what conditions are appropriate?’’ and& P! u1 b4 j: `5 n, @2 y9 X
topics such as mass balance, photostability, oxidative susceptibility, and the4 u9 V9 }, j  J. q0 j9 X
chemistry of drug degradation are addressed in an objective, detailed scientific& @! F9 G# o: G# L
manner, with ample references to relevant guidances and the scientific literature./ f' W& h4 N% h+ b) e. a5 D9 h" e1 u
Compiling a book to be used as a scientific reference for the topic of
. u( d6 u0 L  ~/ k8 m, Ypharmaceutical stress testing was a daunting task. Stress testing, as it relates. l0 p9 I0 ~: r7 _
to traditional small molecule pharmaceuticals, is very broad and scientifically
) n- ?, \! H7 n! f' Z0 E* |8 C$ @/ Mcomplex. Thus, this book seeks to be a practical and scientific guide
8 Z! R) h9 M+ `4 lwhich will, hopefully, stimulate new ideas and further development of the
6 l1 b6 T& [; v" w8 e$ }science.
, D) ]( N+ j; W- Y; ?This undertaking is done with some trepidation, since I realize that discussion
; Y/ r  H  t+ [; s" {- \( F* @of this topic could lead to attempts to formalize or standardize (i.e.,
4 V7 z$ E( I2 F: p: h! ?5 f7 oregulatory standardization) an area of pharmaceutical science that relies on3 d7 L3 W$ V: }8 p
scientific expertise and flexibility. Each new drug compound, formulation,
2 T  g4 T' u# I6 m* s" E8 Troute of administration, delivery device, etc. has the potential to present! I" W3 K5 Q9 e3 l+ [
unique challenges and unanticipated problems, and should be approached
, U3 r: k+ R+ g& P# G. Z$ u2 Zwith such a mindset. The pharmaceutical researcher must be free to design  _: H; z. r7 M, A1 |& F0 s0 S/ p
and develop new ways to predict and measure stability-related issues
7 W6 v" Y0 i- Qthrough stress testing. Nonetheless, it is hoped that this book will provide# L3 H9 q& G$ b" l, p% h3 M9 |4 {
a useful and practical scientific guide that is a welcome addition to the
' d8 B. w$ v% _7 ]library of many pharmaceutical scientists. I am confident that the ‘‘artful
$ H% |. ?4 O  i, K8 gscience’’ of stress testing will evolve beyond what is represented in this book
* m+ F, H& V' c. X. p. a. |as other scientists further the science and fill in topics that are poorly covered' C' P1 {4 ^! g; b  P$ U6 ^
or missing.
8 s0 G" F+ i1 n" Z5 b1 ~
. S) j* U( T& {$ e
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册  

本版积分规则

QQ|手机版|药群论坛 ( 蜀ICP备15007902号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-15 05:43 PM , Processed in 0.073968 second(s), 17 queries .

本论坛拒绝任何人以任何形式在本论坛发表与中华人民共和国法律相抵触的言论! X3.2

© 2011-2014 免责声明:药群网所有内容仅代表发表者个人观点,不代表本论坛立场。

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表